The sustainable attributes of using Microfiber Cleaning Products earn you LEED Credits.
Green design and construction can help you save energy and enhance your bottom line in the following ways:
- Earn tax breaks and rebates
- Lower construction costs
- Reduce or eliminate the need for heating and air-conditioning equipment and the associated costs of purchase, maintenance and electricity
- Cut energy and water bills by as much as half
- Increase labor productivity, retail customer sales and property value
- Protect operating budgets from increase in energy prices
How Does Microfiber Help Me Green Clean?
Microfibers are very thin filaments blended from polyester and nylon that have been split to form thinner fibers–think 1/100th the thickness of a strand of your hair. These split fibers are better for cleaning because their increased surface area enables them to capture and retain more dirt, mold, and allergens. Furthermore, you can clean effectively while reducing water and chemical usage.
A green cleaning program, in unison with a proactive facility maintenance program can provide numerous benefits, such as:
- Improved productivity of building occupants
- Improved health of the cleaning staff and building occupants, which may result in a reduction in sick days
- Reduced liability from worker safety issues
- Enhanced brand equity
- Meeting local, state, or federal purchase guidelines and earning points towards certifications such as LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
It is important to note that green cleaning products and processes should be as effective at cleaning as traditional products, and also be more cost effective when evaluated over the length of the maintenance cycle. Furthermore, a green cleaning program should be designed such that its procedures maximize cleaning results while protecting cleaning workers and facility occupants. RCP offers numerous products that will help you to be cleaner and greener.