A Revolutionary, Cost-Effective Concept in Rotary Brushes and Pad Drivers
All-in-one design for convenience and economy! Uni-Block Showerfeed System combines an injection molded polypropylene block with the patented NP-9200 TRU-FIT Universal Clutch Plate and either a pad driver, grit brush or poly brush.
The Uni-Block line includes Uni-Block Tufted Pad Driver, Uni-Block Grit brush (available in two different grits) or Uni-Block Poly brush, depending on the application. Every product in the Uni-Block Showerfeed System is manufactured to exacting performance specifications for durability and peak performance.
- Designed to fit industry-standard 17" and 20" floor machines
- Available with 16" or 19" Pad Drivers
- Choose from 15" or 18" Poly and Grit brushes
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon NP-9200 TRU-FIT Universal Clutch Plate built into the block for added strength
Block Diameter: Lay the brush on the bristles, block side up. Measure the actual outside diameter of the block (not the bristle flare). See photo below for reference (measurement B).
Center Hole Diameter: Lay the brush on the bristles block side up. Remove mounting hardware, if any. Measure actual inside diameter of the center hole. See photo below for reference (measurement D).
NOTE: Malish brushes are designed to fit each machine as shown, even though the block diameter listed on the charts may vary slightly from the diameter of the block originally supplied with the machine.
How to Break in a New Floor Machine Brush
Before using a new brush on carpeting, the brush should be broken in according to the following directions. This will eliminate possible excess drag by “tipping” the strands, removing any possible burrs caused by the manufacturing process.
- Mount the brush on the floor machine. Follow ALL instructions included in your owner's manual.
- Find a rough textured floor surface, preferably unfinished concrete.
- Operate the machine on this surface. Run the machine DRY for approximately 15-20 minutes. The brush fibers will take a slight set or lean in the direction of machine rotation.
- Rinse the brush to remove any dirt caught when running machine. The brush is now ready to be used on carpeting.
Do you want a brush or a pad driver?
If your preference is to have a dedicated product, select a brush. If you have a variety of applications, your choice may be a pad holder. The surface being cleaned and the amount of dirt build-up will help determine the selection. The key to remember when ordering these items is the block diameter in relationship to the machine size. A brush is sized 2 inches smaller than the machine because of the flare of the brush fibers. Pad drivers are specified 1 inch smaller than the machine.
There is an easy way to cross check your selection from the Floor Machine Brushes and Clutch Plates section of this web site.
- A brush, long-trim pad driver, or short-trim pad driver without a riser, should be 2" smaller than the machine size.
- A pad driver or MIGHTY-LOK™ should be 1" smaller than the machine size.
Therefore, a 20" floor machine would use an:
- 18" brush, MAL-LOK™ or PAD-LOK™ without a riser
- or a 19" PAD-LOK™ or MIGHTY-LOK™
This rule applies to over 90% of the applications.