The compact ProTalk® business radios TK-2400VP/3400UP – are Kenwood’s latest portable two-way radios. Offering the ideal solution for communications in construction, manufacturing, warehousing, retail, hospitality, facility management, rental fleet applications and more. Elegantly engineered to provide superb ease of use and audio clarity, even in noisy environments, it also boasts rugged reliability for dependable communications in all weather conditions.
- 4 Channels, 2 Watt
- 27 VHF / 90 UHF Preset Frequencies
- 39 QT / 168 DQT Privacy Codes
- Super Lock
- VOX Ready
- Privacy Talk Scrambler
- 10-Call Alert Tone
- Wireless Cloning
- Channel Scan
- Removable Antennal
- 2,000 mAh Li-Ion battery with up to 22 hours of talk time *(5-5-90) and 3 hours fast charger
- Diecast Chassis
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Weighs only 9.9oz with Battery
- Meets 11 Mil-Spec standards
- Compatible with other business radios operating on the same frequency and code
- 2 Year Radio Warranty
- Removable Antenna
- KBH-10 Spring Action Belt Clip
- KSC-35K 3-Hour Fast Charger
- KNB-45L Li-Ion Battery
Accessories are also available for seperate purchase, see related items below.
Compact, ergonomic contours with a Natural comfortable hold and easy to use. Kenwood's LP Li-Ion powered ProTalk® is simply the best Communications Tool for heavy duty work environments.
The ergonomic contours of the ProTalk® naturally fit the hand for a superbly comfortable hold. The non-slip elastomer channel knob and switch torque ensures positive selection and resists accidental changing.
2,4, 6, 8, 15 & 16 CHANNEL MODELS
Select ProTalk® 2, 8* or 15** channel models which will fit your needs and requirements. A great selection providing plenty of capacity for multiple channels or radio systems.
* 8 channel model is available in VHF only.
** 15 channel model is available in UHF only.
FREQUENCY & QT/DQT
The ProTalk® VHF (TK-2200LP) 2 & 8 channel models has 27 pre-stored frequencies while the ProTalk® UHF (TK-3200LP) 2 or 15 channel models has 56 pre-stored frequencies. Both models have 39 QT tones and 83 DQT codes. Users can program a ProTalk® to any of the pre-stored frequencies and QT/DQT's, assuring compatibility with other brand radios.
* QT & DQT may also be referred to under other brand acronyms as PL, CG, CTCSS & DPL, DCG, DCS.
Managers can "Super Lock" all user controls (except PTT and volume) to prevent accidental channel changes.
This wireless feature simplifies the setup of several Protalk® radios to function identically and eliminates repetitive setup actions of individual radios.
Pressing on the Calling Alert key while transmitting causes an alert tone to sound from the other radio's speaker. This is a useful function to signal staff in noisy environments.
INTERNAL VOX/HANDS FREE READY
VOX (voice-operated transmission) is invaluable for specialized tasks or events that require repetitive hands-free communications. The radio itself provides automatic PTT action, so the user simply talks. VOX works with a Kenwood-compatible headset.
TOUGH & WATER RESISTANT
Built tough for rugged work environments, the ProTalk® has been designed to pass industrial drop tests, international IP54/55 water and dust intrusion tests and 11 categories of the U.S. Department of Defense MIL-STD 810 C, D, E & F environmental standards tests.
- Time Out Timer
- Battery Save and Low Battery Warning
- Channel confirmation mode
2 WATTS TRANSMIT POWER / RANGE UP TO 6 MILES
The ProTalk® offers 2 watts* of power to enable direct radio-to-radio communication on the same frequency (simplex) for up to 6 miles**.
- Open areas without obstructions
- Up to 6 miles (9.6 km)
- Residential areas (near buildings)
- Up to 1.5 miles (2.4 km)
- In steel and/ or concrete reinforced buildings
- Up to 250,000Sq. (23,220 Sq. m)
- In high-rise buildings
- Up to 20 floors
* For some frequencies, power may be limited to 1 watt.
** Talk range will vary based on terrain, conditions and type of radio.