Filter upgrade boosts HEPA 500 functionality
HEPA filtration is increasingly seen as the single most important safety device available for creating a safe environment for jobsite workers. With the Activated Carbon Filter, the DefendAir can play an even more important role in keeping an enclosed environmnet clean and safe - both for workers and for occupants.
The activated carbon filter now equips the HEPA 500 to capture a wide variety of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including soot and smoke, food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other compounds.
No modification of the DefendAir is required - users simply place the new carbon filter inside the cabinet in front of HEPA filter, and then re-secure the cover. Capacity of the carbon filter will vary widely depending on conditions, but it should be replaced when a decline of effectiveness is noted.
- Captures a wide variety of volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Utilizes Extruded Activated Carbon - carbon pellets manufactured to uniform size helps to ensure maximum airflow and maximum contact.
- Works by adsorption, carbon filtration's natural ability to attract and hold gas and liquid molecules on its surface.
- One pound of carbon has 534,438 square yards of available surface - equivalent to the area covered by more than 100 football fields.
- Sturdy filter frame will not flex or leak
- Fact Sheet (PDF)