CRI APPROVED SILVER LEVEL Vacuum Cleaners
To earn the CRI Seal of Approval/Green Label certification, vacuums must pass the following independent laboratory tests:
- Soil Removal - CRI uses NASA-enhanced x-ray fluorescence technology instead of traditional gravimetrix testing to measure the precise amount of soil removed from carpet — either 30 oz/sy commercial cut pile carpet or 30 oz/sy loop pile carpet.
- Dust Containment - The vacuum must not release more than 100 micrograms of dust particles per cubic meter of air, keeping dirt and dust locked tight in the vacuum — not escaping back into the air where it can be breathed.
- Carpet Fiber Retention - The vacuum must not affect the texture of the commercial cut pile carpet (900 passes with sample rotated every 50 passes) more than a one-step change based on one year of normal vacuum use.
- Bronze - 40-49% Soil Removal; Dust Containment ≤ 100 µg/m³ of dust particles
- Silver - 50-54% Soil Removal; Dust Containment ≤ 100 µg/m³ of dust particles
- Gold ≥ 55% Soil Removal; Dust Containment ≤ 35 µg/m³ of dust particles